To make this wow factor card, all you need to start is a piece of paper/cardstock.
The size of the paper depends on what size you want your finished card. If you want your finished card to be 6″ square, your paper will need to be 12″12. I like making these in the 3″ square size (using 6×6″ paper) which is what my finished card is.
Here I am showing you how to make one using an 8″ x 8″ piece of paper, giving a final card size of 4″ so you can see the different sizes. With scrapbooking papers being 12″x12″, the biggest size using this paper is the 6″ square.
Taking an 8×8″ piece of cardstock, score on both sides at the 4″ mark. The Stampin’ Up! trimmer comes with a score blade so make sure if you are using this trimmer that you use the right blade (it’s the lighter coloured one)
You will then score on the diagonal.
The next step is simply a case of the folds. Fold the ‘straight lines’ first and give the edges a burnish with your bone folder, flip the paper over and then fold the diagonal. I find that this makes bringing in the folds easier. As you will see, for your desired size, you are simply scoring in half and then on one diagonal.
I then decorate the inside, if you want to do the same, I have used the following sizes for the 4″ size:
Cut 4 : 3.5″x3.5″ square – the floral square (top left) 3″x3″) The bottom right, this is creating your space for your sentiment, I layered up some of the floral paper and a piece of whisper white to write on.
Triangles: Taking two of your cut squares, cut them in half on the diagonal. You can then mat these up if you wish. I have cut 2 pieces of patterned paper into 3.5″x3.5″ squares and then cut them in half.
Finishing the card
To create the fancy fold, you will bring in the points to the centre of the card. As this is tricky to explain, play the little video below.
Here is my little 3″ card. You can embellish them as much, or as little, as you wish.
- Find me on Facebook
- Don’t forget to add the VIP code when your order is over £25 (see the blog sidebar for the code). Don’t add the code if your order is £150+ as you’ll qualify for Stampin’ Rewards.
- Join the stamping community, click here and enjoy the benefits of being part of the Stampin’ Up! family.
- Discounts of 20-25% or more on every purchase
- Sneak peeks at upcoming catalogs and products
- In the spirit of inspiring, creating and sharing, come and share your products in my Facebook group, which is not just for papercrafts.