It was a bit too hot in the garden, so I came in to have some playtime in the crafting cave. I do love the dandelion wishes stamp set and as I haven’t played with the brusho crystals for a while, I got them them out to play with as well.
I’m finding the stamparatus is a great tool, not just for when you want to do multiple stamping, but also as a stamping block. I do have other stamps that are bigger than my blocks so it is becoming very useful especially with the background stamps. Plus I am getting a better impression as it has the foam pad.
What I have I been doing. Well, firstly I had stamped an image from the dandelion wishes using the stamparatus as I wanted to emboss my image which I did using the clear embossing powder. This is playtime and kind of off the cuff! I then heat set that and gave a wash of wink of stella, I wanted to shiny! I then dried that off with the heat gun which has a cooler setting for drying.
Next, I sprinkled on some brusho crystals and then gave it a spritz with some water. Then dried that off again using the heat tool.
I was going to leave it as it is with the feint background, but the ink pads got the better of me! I had stamped again with memento black, popped some versamark on top and then some clear embossing powder and then heat set that. I did the same with the sentiment. Using the stamparatus makes it a breeze, if you’ve not seen my tutorial tip on using the stamparatus to do heat embossing, check it out here.
This is a fun technique and it’s great to get out the brusho crystals and create some backgrounds. I hope you are inspired to get your crafting supplies and have some crafting fun.
- Find me on Facebook
- Don’t forget to add the VIP code when your order is over £25 (see the blog sidebar for the code). Don’t add the code if your order is £150+ as you’ll qualify for Stampin’ Rewards.
- Join the stamping community, click here and enjoy the benefits of being part of the Stampin’ Up! family.
- Discounts of 20-25% or more on every purchase
- Sneak peeks at upcoming catalogs and products
- In the spirit of inspiring, creating and sharing, come and share your products in my Facebook group, which is not just for papercrafts.